Sunday, March 25, 2012

Button Magic

So... during one of my trendathons I have when time permits I came across Augusto Esquivel's amazing sculptures. He says he holds, "... the button to my ear and it whispers to me, “I want to be…..” Whatever they are saying I am buying.  They are some of the most unique sculptures.  I to love buttons.  Early on while learning my craft I came to appreciate the trimings and details that go into finishing a garment. These details help to differentiate garments fomr one another. While individually small, buttons can make a big statement...as well as keeping your pants on.

A great showcase in how something small can be something big!

Enjoy the inspiration!

                                       

A link to one of his videos. Check it out!                            






1 comment:

  1. Anyone remember my grey vest covered with a multitude of buttons!!!
    These sculptures put a smile on my face

    ReplyDelete